Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:33:38 +0300
From:      Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bernt@bah.homeip.net>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and controlling an alarm via relay

=CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 Tuesday 05 July 2011 11:41:38 =CE=B3=CF=81=CE=AC=
=CF=88=CE=B1=CF=84=CE=B5:
> 2011-07-04 12:39, Achilleas Mantzios skrev:
> > Hello, sorry for the cross-post but i believe this question might seat =
in both lists.
> > I am the guy who had the done the old 1.23.3 zoneminder port some years=
 ago, and i am thinking of installing/testing
> > the new 1.24.4 port, submitted by bsam@FreeBSD.org.
> > Besides the basic functions, i am thinking of re-using some old techniq=
ues by which i controlled
> > the home alarm via a NC/NO circuit (basically it was an enhanced door c=
ontact),
> > driven by an old zyXel modem,  which in turn was driven by a small perl=
 program driving the com port, and
> > which was called by a deamon reading zoneminder shared memory info dire=
ctly.
> > That way i could trigger the alarm system getting into alarm state, whe=
never zoneminder detected motion,
> > in a fully controlled and programmatic way.
>=20
> Is this what you you are looking for
>=20
> http://www.telldus.se/products/tellstick
>=20

No,=20
what i am looking for is for a way to control a NO or NC/EOL switch from Fr=
eeBSD.
Most probably it must be some kind of relay. I have not used any ever, exce=
pt
once using a zyXel modem to behave like a relay switch in a N/C contact.

=2D-=20
Achilleas Mantzios