Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:03:58 +1300
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Not such good networking performance with FreeBSD

I'm back in Linux again, as it seems to give me better performance with my
ADSL line than FreeBSD does. With Linux, I regularly get over 200KBps, but
with FreeBSD, usually only half that and sometimes much less. Tested this
against my ISP's ftp server, and other local ftp servers.

Not sure why this would be -- it looks like I've got RFC 1323 extensions
enabled, and I've tried upping the send and receive space values. Is there
anything I've overlooked?

Also, is there any progress on the bug that's making Samba 2.0.x go like a
lame dog?

Cheers,

-- Juha