Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:13:25 -0800
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: silly C style question

> > if (0 == i)
> > {
> > 	foo(i);
> > 	bar(i);
> > }
>
> IMHO, this wastes one line of screen space. I only use it for functions.

As you already mentioned, this is grade-A bikeshed material; however,
the counter-argument to this is:

if (0 == i)
{    foo(i);
     bar(i);
}

Personally, I like the one you quoted (brace on a line of its own),
but I'd much rather use this than tacking a brace on the end of the
if() line, which is plain ugly, IMO.

Just thought I'd throw some more kindling on the fire.

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org