Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 1996 15:33:20 +0200 (IST)
From:      Gennady Sorokopud <gena@NetVision.net.il>
To:        Neil Bradley <root@synthcom.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: 3c509 troubles

Hello!

The same thing happens on my machine (P90 + 3C509).
The most interesting thing is that if i boot kernel from about 1.5 month
ago, and right after that -current m then system comes up just fine,
otherwise it just hangs after npx0: .....

On 08-Jan-96 Neil Bradley wrote:
>>Well, in the long running saga of me attempting to get my FreeBSD
>2.1-stable machine running, I've hit a problem with the ep0 driver. The
>machine is a 100MHZ Pentium. After the "npx0 on motherboard - npx0: INT 16
>interface", the machine soft hangs there indefinitely. I tried two
>different configurations (I/O 300/IRQ 11 and I/O 240/IRQ 5) and both
>yielded the same results. If I disable the probe on ep0, the machine boots
>fine (without network access, of course).=20
>
>The only other cards in this machine is a 7870 SCSI controller and a ATI=20
>Mach 32 (both PCI). Oh yeah, and one parallel port (IRQ 7) and one serial=20
>port (IRQ 4 - 03f8h).
>
>I have the version of the 3C509 that doesn't have the BNC or thick wire=20
>connectors. It just has the TP connector.
>
>Has anyone gotten this to work correctly? Any clues? Am I doing something=20
>wrong?
>
>-->Neil

>Synthcom System's homepage:                         http://www.synthcom.com/
>Europa Upgrade, Synth patches (D-50, Xpander/Matrix 12), used gear pricelist

--------
 Gennady B. Sorokopud - System programmer at NetVision Israel.
 E-Mail: Gennady Sorokopud <gena@NetVision.net.il>
 Homepage: http://www.netvision.net.il/~gena

 This message was sent at 01/09/96 15:33:21 by XF-Mail