Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2014 12:10:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Benjamin Kaduk <bjk@freebsd.org>
To:        David Newall <davidn@davidnewall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD from an LVM volume

Hi David,

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, David Newall wrote:

> I've written a brief article explaining how to boot FreeBSD from a LVM2
> volume.  Extensive search of the web suggested it could not be done, but
> it can, and easily.  I thought this might be of interest to the
> community, and perhaps even suitable for inclusion on the FreeBSD web or
> handbook.  See http://davidnewall.com/papers/Boot-FreeBSD-on-LVM2.html.

Thanks for the pointer to this article -- it's quite an interesting tale.

The article itself is written in a style that one might find on a blog,
which is not really a suitable style for direct inclusion into the FreeBSD
handbook.  However, I think this would be a helpful example to have, and I
will look into the possibility of adding it.  (But probably not for a
month or so, I've got a lot on my plate at the moment.)

Thanks for the writeup and pointing us to it!

-Ben Kaduk