Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:27:44 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp, portmgr@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, petef@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: USE_LIBTOOL breakage in freebsd.port.mk

Maxim Sobolev on 2001-10-06 (Sat) at 10:17:25 +0300:

> Please don't do that. Due to number of ports infected with
> USE_LIBTOOL this patch should be extensively tested on the
> bento first.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the procedure to ensure that something like
this does get extensively tested on bento, and not just forgotten about.  By
now I've received a number of reports about ports affected by this problem.

> In the meantime you can workarround the problem by replacing
> USE_LIBTOOL with GNU_CONFIGURE and adding a small patch, which
> prevents .la files from being installed (for example see
> ports/textproc/libxml/files/patch-ltmain.sh).

I'll do that for the moment - thanks!

-- V