Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:23:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Jonas Olsson <ljo@mcs.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ljo@mcs.net
Subject:   Proxies for AOL and CVSup?

 I have a FreeBSD server that connects a LAN to the internet. The
server does not do packet forwarding, but has squid and DeleGate
proxies and runs sendmail and xntpd. This overall works very well.

 How do I setup a proxy for AOL (Americ Online)? A senior person in
the company is not happy that he cannot use the TCP/IP based AOL on
the LAN... I'd like to keep the current proxy setup, so need some
help.

 Personally I also would like to be able to use cvsup to upgrade other
freebsd machines on the LAN. How do I setup a proxy for this?

 Also, what is a better NNTP proxy? It seems DeleGate doesn't cache
anything. I want something a little more efficient that doesn't
recquire any care or much disk space.

Jonas Olsson