Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:30:51 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Desperate help upgrading from 3.2-R > 3.4-S

-On [20000319 16:00], Jim Weeks (jim@siteplus.net) wrote:
>Exactly,
>
>I don't have them on my 3.2 or 3.4 machines.  I am confused though, I have
>made the world on at least one 3.4 machine within the last couple of
>weeks.  I suppose you added them since?

I added the mtree changes one or two days before the groff MFC.  Because
if people would make world in the meantime would already create the
directories for them.  A non-intrusive commit.

After that I tested the MFC and the install a few times, including make
world and that all worked correctly.  So either I missed something which
stepped over the problems you guys are encountering or there's something
else acting up.

Alternatively you could do a:

mtree -deU -f /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist -p /usr

as root to force the directories to be created.

Then you can install groff and make world again.

I won't be able to get completely on the install case until tomorrow.
Only have CURRENT boxes at home.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best