Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 95 23:42:00 W
From:      Angelo Turetta <turetta@trust.stylo.it>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   User space PPP & leased line

Does anybody know what the ppp command line switch '-dedicated' is intended
for ?
Is it linked some way to operations with leased lines ?

Well, maybe my TRUE question is: I'm going to get a V34 leased line between
my office and my ISP, 'upgrading' a V34 dial-up access that is now driven by
ppp: how can I configure ppp to operate on the new line ? Or, should I
better run some other program (i.e. pppd) ?

BTW, is there any {performance|machine load|memory usage} gain using one or
the other of the two ppp daemons ?

I know this should be a -questions posting, but two previous messages
remained unanswered there for more than 2-3 weeks, so... :-(

Please Cc: replies directly to me: I'm not on 'hackers' (I've hardly enough
time to read '-digest' once or twice a week....:-(

Thanks in advance.

Angelo Turetta
SysAdmin - Stylo Multimedia
<aturetta@stylo.it>