Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 19:22:17 +0900
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very low disk performance on 5.x

<snip results and such>

> All partitions / file system creation was done using the OS default
> tool i.e. FreeBSD: sysinstall, Suse: yast

Perhaps the defaults are a bit dangerous.  If you have the time, could
you post results with freebsd mounting asynchronously (add async as an
option in the fstab) and linux mounting synchronously (again, sync in
fstab as an option) as I believe these to be the opposite of the
defaults.  I, for one, would appreciate those results.

--=20
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.