Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:33:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Scott Morris <smorris@tsi.gte.com>
To:        alex@comsys.com
Cc:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@virginia.edu>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chroot

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 alex@comsys.com wrote:
[snip]
> There was an 'rsh' or restricted shell a while back... I don't
> see it on our recent systems though. Trial and error using
> .profile, .login, .cshrc, or globals for csh shell,
> /etc/csh.cshrc /etc/.csh.login might help.

[big snip]

I have been using a shell called resh with great success. It provides the
chroot environment and is configurable as to what commands etc are
available from within the shell. I don't recall the exact site I got it
from but give ftp.eunet.sk/archive/unix/sysadmin a try.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll be happy to send a copy. I lost
the original poster in the quotes, sorry.

Scott

-----
Scott Morris
GTE Telecommunication Services Inc.