Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:26:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Derek Jander <derekmailbox@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on laptops

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Derek Jander wrote:

> Hi all! I'm considering to migrate my HP nx9030 from Windows XP Professional
> to *nix OS since almost all the servers I'm administering right now have
> some Linux flavour installed. I was about to install fedora when some firend
> told me about FreeBSD. I just tested it on a Virtual Machine and it looks
> great. My doubt now, is if it will be very difficult to make it work on my
> machine. I really need the internal modem, and of course the Wireless and
> stuff... And I can't be dealing with it for months.... Anyone who had
> already installed FBSD on that sistem (HP nx9030) could post any comment?

There's an entry for the nx9030 on the FreeBSD Laptop Compatibility

http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl?action=show_laptop_detail&laptop=571

They don't come out and say it, but that one guy is using a PC Card
modem suggests the onboard one is an unsupported Winmodem.  Most
built-in notebook modems are.