Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:31:31 -0300
From:      Sergio de Souza Prallon <prallon@tmp.com.br>
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@kts.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Sergio de Souza Prallon <prallon@tmp.com.br>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: am79c32 anyone ?

> All in all, it would be nice to get support for the am79c32 - it was
> very much used and seems to be a nice, well documented chip (except
> you have to do HDLC in software AFAIK) but AFAIK no new designs are
> done with it.

OK,

If any of you two can send the card to the address below, I'll try to
extend I4B to work with it in place of the ISAC (for the D-channel
handling). I understand the chip supports the IOM-2 bus, so the user
data (on the B channels) is handled to some other chip (HSCX, TJ300 or
HFC) via this bus. My ideia is to copy the `i4b_itjc_isac.c' file to
say, `i4b_itj_amd.c' and then replace the ISAC related code with new,
AMD related, one but trying to preserve the glue API that bonds it to
the rest. If I manage to succeed, this file would be ported (with some
editing) to other drivers. Is it sounding?

[]'s

--
Sergio de Souza Prallon
Rua São Francisco Xavier 43 / 802

Please send along the proof of purchase or other official document
that clearly states the value or it will run into customs trouble
here.