Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:10:06 -0700
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@Kermodei.com>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM T30: more thermal problems

Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch> writes:
> The days are getting hotter and my T30 coredumps more and more. I get
> the usual sig4 and sig11 during buildworlds, which are strong indicators
> of hardware problems.

I had heat problems with Dell X200 after upgrading to pre-5.1 kernel.  It
hapened with both APM and ACPI. I suspect that booting with the ACPI left
the system in a funky state, so turning off ACPI didn't help
Downgrading to 5.0 release and booting once into win/xp seems to have
fixed it, but I haven't tested it extensively..