Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:44:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: Machines are getting too damn fast

:Which begs the question I've tried to ask a number of times in different
:forums. Who's working on P4 optimizations and code generation for the P4?

    I'd be happy if GCC -O2 just worked without introducing bugs.  I want to
    be able to compile the kernel with it again.

						-Matt

:Sure, i386 code will run but the benchmarks seem to indicate that peak
:performance is heavily dependent on a good optimizing compiler.
:
:A query to the gcc mailing list returned no responses.
:
:Charles