Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:33:41 +0200
From:      "Joel V." <joel@smail.ee>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Welcome to Hell / Mysterious networking troubles on FreeBSD

Hello.

A big thanks to everyone who contacted me. FreeBSD really has the best
community one could help for.

Now, it has been confirmed by the backbone manager that we're dealing with a
DDOS attack. However, the ISP seems to be as clueless as a headless sheep,
and we haven't been able to contact their technical staff yet (of course one
can't be 100% sure that they even have a technical staff, judging by the
level of their response).

Hopefully the situation will be fixed soon. One final question though: are
there any quick steps one can take to protect their server from DDOS attacks
like these?

Again, thanks to everyone who helped out.

Joel V.