Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 1997 01:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        hoek@hwcn.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tcl/Tk ports questions

 * The port is known to work and automatically detect/configure for
 * tcl75/tk41, tcl76/tk42, and tcl/tk 80.

How does it do that?  If it reads tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh in the
standard locations, it will always find tcl75 and tk41.

 * 1)  Has any way of writing the LIB_DEPENDS been decided upon,
 * yet?  (Optimally settles for tk41, but installs tk42 if neither
 * tk80 nor tk41 found).

No.

 * 2)  The category would be tk41 (plus whatever), correct?

tk41 would be the "secondary" category, but that's right.

 * 3)  There is a bit of a de-facto standard to install additional
 * binary files into /usr/local/lib/tk42/package-name/, but this
 * port defaults to /usr/local/libdata/package-name/, which, of
 * course, is correct on FreeBSD.  Should I use its default or tell
 * it to use the ultra-ugly lib/tk42/package-name/ directory?

I'm not sure about this.  (We don't have a /usr/local/libdata in our
mtree file.)  I'll have to leave this to the experts.

Satoshi