Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 21:13:45 +0900
From:      Takanori Watanabe <takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp>
To:        micheloo@xs4all.nl (Michel Oosterhof)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ESS Solo (1394) support in 4.0-stable

In message <8fsc3j$2tl$1@xs3.xs4all.nl>, Michel Oosterhof wrote:
>Does anyone know if this card is supported? I know some other ESS models are.
>My card is an on-board pci card, i added the pcm device in my kernel, but it
>is not recognized (I just get the unknown pci device found at...etc).
>
>Should I try with the vox driver and try to see if i can get there with
>SB compatibility?
>
>Regards,

I wrote a patch to newpcm that recognize ESS Solo and get
ESS solo mixer work.(PCM will *not* work)

http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/d/resource/essdiff2

This also contains KXLC101 PCMCIA Soundcard support.(Can produce noise.)

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A