Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2001 18:19:43 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mail.cz>
To:        Steve Warwick <ukla@mediaone.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Configure PHP on FreeBSD

At 09:27 9/1/2001, Steve Warwick wrote the following:
>Hey all,
>
>(new FreeBSD User)
>
>I have played with installing / deinstalling PHP 4.0.6 / Apache 1.3.19_1 and
>other items using packages. I'd like to do a custom configure and install of
>PHP (I have all the libraries). What do I add / change /edit to get a custom
>configuration for PHP?

If you install from the port, then

$ make install CONFIGURE_ARGS+="--with-this --enable-that"

should work. If you install from the source, just do the usual

$ ./configure --with-this --enable-that
$ make && make test
$ make install

If you get the PHP source from CVS, you'll need to

$ ./buildconf

as ./configure is generated in this step