Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:47:00 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        xen@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Boot FreeBSD 10 in HVM mode under Xen?

Hi,

Is there any way of booting FreeBSD 10.x as HVM under Xen?

I've tried removing,

   options         XENHVM
   device          xenpci

>From the kernel - but this just panics on boot now.

<https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/XenNG>; seems to suggest you can no longer
boot 10 under Xen as HVM?

If I can't boot HVM, I can't get HVM network support (i.e. Realtek) - and I
can't get that, all the VM's I have to run as HVM due to a number of
xen/freebsd/network oddities can't be 10.x machines :(

This is painting those roles/systems into non-agile HVM 9.x boxes that have
no upgrade path now :(

Unless there's a workaround to ditch xn and replace it with re and / or
boot HVM under FreeBSD 10?

-Karl