Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 23:53:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@xxx.video-collage.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/5920: lyx port does not use MMAP

>Number:         5920
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       lyx's ``configure'' disables the use of mmap for some reason
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE i386
>Environment:

	-STABLE about a week old. One day old ports tree.

	When lyx's configure runs, it somehow checks for "working
	mmap" and says: "no". Having more faith in FreeBSD, I
	extracted the test C-program from the configure script and
	compiled it. It built fine, and when ran exited with the
	0 status code. As I'm not much of ./configure expert, so
	I just set the ``#define HAVE_MMAP'' in src/config.h manualy.
	The lyx built and works so far.

>How-To-Repeat:

	cd /usr/ports/print/lyx
	make configure |& tee log
	grep mmap log

>Fix:

	Don't know what's wrong with it. Probably a lyx problem...