Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:43:31 +0530
From:      Sharad Chandra <sharadc@niksun.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Driver.

Hi Guys,

I have freebsd 6.0 box. but could not start sound.
pciconf -l -v shows
none1@pci0:30:2:        class=0x040100 card=0x100417aa chip=0x27de8086
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    device   = '82801GB I/O Controller Hub AC'97 Audio'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = audio

After i kldload snd_driver, cat /dev/sndstat does not show any thing
[root@/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci]# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:

and this appears in the dmesg =>
pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 30.2 (no driver attached)

and also see this from /var/log/messages once i load driver.
Jul  5 17:36:54 sharadc kernel: sio1: port may not be enabled
Jul  5 17:36:54 sharadc kernel: sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed
irqs 0

Can any one give me a clue how to handle this.. above is max info that i can
provde.
Thank you in advance
Sharad Chandra