Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:44:38 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@BitBlocks.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: minor WPA problem on a Thinkpad R40

> > IMO wpa_supplicant should exit when the interface goes down/away but it
> > does not.  I sent mail to Jouni about this but he hasn't responded yet.
>
> > I was going to check if there was a way to make it work this way.  Not
> > sure why it works this way except to avoid recalculating various crypto
> > state or perhaps to avoid linux hotplug issues.

If it matters may be the state can be saved?  On restart
wpa_supplicant can use it as a hint.

The problem seems to be generic in that suspend/resume needs
to save more state than shutdown/boot (or may be, the only
difference between the two is state saving).

> I've we're going to do that, I think we may want either a new target in
> /etc/rc.d/netif or a new /etc/rc.d/linkstate script.  That's probably
> the right way to go though.

You mean targets like suspend/resume?

Not sure if you guys need me to test anything....

Thanks for looking into this!