Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:55:22 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Jeffrey Bernt <jeffrey@bernt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nightly logs...

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 11:00:02AM -0800, Jeffrey Bernt wrote:
| Normally, every night root gets mailed the security logs and such. But
| lately, it hasn't been getting them. What could be some reasons that root
| isn't getting these mailings?

Does `root@your.domain' receive other email messages correctly?

If you have created an alias for `root' does the aliased mailbox exist?

In order to be easier for anyone to help you, your MTA software & it's
version will be certainly of some use.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]