Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 19:10:02 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fdocs@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Corrections to Linux Emulation Docs

> > as rc.i386 is no longer in /etc. Perhaps this is why some people have
> > not been able to get it to work! 8-)
>
>How now?  From a -current /etc/rc file:
>
># configure implementation specific stuff
>arch=`uname -m`
>if [ -f /etc/rc.${arch} ]; then
>        . /etc/rc.${arch}
>fi
>
> Looks like it's still in /etc to me!  More to the point, if anyone
> suggested going to /etc/etc.i386/rc.i386, we'd all chop their heads
> off.  It's /etc/rc.i386 for the forseeable future.

That's what I thought, but that's not what's in the CVS tree that I
checked out on Sunday night:-

$ ls ~cvs/src/etc/rc.i386*
ls: /usr/local/cvs/src/etc/rc.i386*: No such file or directory
$ ls ~cvs/src/etc/etc.i386/rc.i386*
/usr/local/cvs/src/etc/etc.i386/rc.i386,v

I've submitted a bug report for /etc/rc on this basis, BTW.

> Thanks for the other typo corrections!

You're welcome!