Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:38:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        kama <kama@pvp.se>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.2 Release process starting...

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Ken Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 10:23 +0100, kama wrote:
>> Is it possible to get back the todo page during this release phase?
>
> During the last couple of releases I simply didn't have time to do
> everything and this was one of the things that fell by the wayside.
>
> After the dust from 7.1 settled we started to make arrangements for someone
> else to set this up and watch over it for us during the release. It might
> take him a little time to get rolling with it (as in it might not appear
> immediately upon the release cycle starting) but hopefully we will have
> something along these lines come back at some point during this release.

While such lists do have downsides ("you shipped even though problem X on your
showstopper list wasn't fixed!") they also have some nice advantages -- one is
focusing user community testing time and developer community fixing time.  At
least in the case of 7.2, though, I'm not aware of any major outstanding
problems, so focuses for testing are presumably just in the areas of major
change from 7.1.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge