Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2018 20:25:59 +0000
From:      Mateus Rodrigues de Morais <mateus@mateus.tech>
To:        "soc-status@freebsd.org" <soc-status@freebsd.org>
Cc:        David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>, "theraven@freebsd.org" <theraven@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Week 7] Porting Microsoft's CoreCLR, CoreFX, and PowerShell to FreeBSD

During this past week I investigated the misbehaviors I encountered in Powe=
rShell running on FreeBSD. I opened an issue [1] in the PowerShell GitHub r=
epository, fixed all libpsl-native tests that were failing and submitted a =
PR [2] and went over some of the CoreFX tests that were failing.

It turns out it was a problem in the getmntinfo() function inside a CoreFX =
native function that was supposed to return all mount points in the system =
but wasn=92t returning any. I fixed the code and, as a result, two out of t=
hree identified misbehaviors in PowerShell were fixed =96 now I=92m able to=
 navigate back and forth in the file system and the command prompt correctl=
y shows the current working directory =96 and some of the CoreFX tests star=
ted passing. The PR for this fix should be up soon, the code is in my CoreF=
X fork [3].

The last misbehavior identified in PowerShell so far, which is the repeated=
 characters being shown, is still under investigation.

[1]: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues/7207
[2]: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell-Native/pull/2
[3]: https://github.com/mateusrodrigues/corefx/tree/freebsd-tests

Best,