Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:01:00 +0200
From:      ASV <asv@inhio.eu>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MAC and Xorg on FBSD 9.1-p4

Hi all,
as you can see from the footer I've already posted this on the list trustedbsd-discuss@FreeBSD.org
but because that one seems to be dead to me I apologise if I'm trying to get some hint here.

Briefly, I'm trying to run X on my FreeBSD 9.1 with the following MAC
modules enabled:
mac_biba
mac_mls
mac_seeotheruids
mac_partition

I'm still actually in the learning process of this very granular but
complex security system but I'm learning fast as I found it very
interesting.
Unfortunately when it comes to X it seems to be more complicated. I
cannot run it not even as root.
I get:
Unable to map MMIO aperture. Permission denied (13)
Memory map the MMIO region failed

until the timeout and back to prompt.

I get the same error with root which is the default login class and on
an ad-hoc restricted user.
As soon as I disable the modules everything works well.

I know this is a very brief description but it should be enough for now
to know if this is a known issue and/or the X system is known as NOT
WORKING/HAVING PROBLEMS with MAC.

And as MAC on FreeBSD is dark matter (googling is basically useless if
not for basic conf.) any hint would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.