Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: realpath(3) et al

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> There is http://www.freebsd.org/auditors.html but it hasn't been updated for
> a very long time.

that's the one i was thinking of -- thanks.

> BTW, if anybody really wants to start up the audit project again, I
> think somebody should take a look at integrating some of the changes
> OpenBSD has made.  No reason to spend time finding the bugs OpenBSD has
> already fixed.

*sigh*  i'd hoped the project was 'always' ongoing, and that sharing
and/or integrating changes amongst the various BSD source trees would be
commonplace.  the fact that it's not clearly illustrates that our biggest
enemey in the security game is ourselves.  (by 'selves' i mean anyone who
feels not sharing a security or bug fix is a good idea.)

perhaps the page can not only be updated, but given more visibilitiy?  i'd
think something on the front page indicating our code base undergoes
continuous audting would be...  good.

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!