Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:54:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samsung X20-XVM 1600-V

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de> wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
 > > That's the problem.  I'm not going to buy a notebook that
 > > I haven't tried myself before.  For that reason, my choice
 > > of notebooks is limited to those models that are available
 > > from local shops.
 >
 > If you buy on the internet, you have two weeks to test,
 > afterwards you can send the notebook back without costs
 > (provided you buy in Germany).

That's true.  However, the notebook that I'm considering
(see subject) consts 1400 Euro when bought at a decent
internet shop (e.g. www.alternate.de), while it's only
1200 Euro at the local shop.  200 Euro is quite a big
difference for my wallet.

 > I think this is better than using Freesbie in the local shop.

The only difference wold be that I have a bit more time
testing with the CD or DVD (two weeks vs. an hour or so).

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is over-complicated nonsense. And Bjorn Shoestrap's book
a danger to public health. I tried reading it once, I was in
recovery for months."
        -- Cliff Sarginson