Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:11:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nfs timeout

Assume I have on ix015 nfs file system ix012:/osu/zam. Assume I do killall
-d -9 nfsd on the server ix012. Then programs like df will hang. Even
killall -d -9 bash and then killall -d -9 df doesn't help. I tried all
options for mount_nfs (-i -s etc.) + sysctl vfs.

I found that df after mount -u /osu/zam behaves well (server is down).
Probably all who are using nis + nfs + ppp (server) struck on this
problem.

Josef Belkovics