Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:56:51 -0800
From:      Rob Lytle <europa100@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no FreeBSD implementation works with Freenet

Are you running on ffs or nfs? If nfs, did you enable lock-support?

--
  Ronald Klop
  Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Thank you Ronald.  I should have thought about that.  Its there in my
rc.conf, but I had it set to "NO".  That explains some things.
I am trying to run Freenet on top of cfs which uses NFS.  However, now
I get the error message in freenet.log which says that some other
process is using the lockfile.  But I am making progress.  I have run
the same setup on Linux before, so maybe I need to look back at that to
see what I did.

Rob Lytle