Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:00:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jason Zimberoff <zim@svs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_update missing?

Hello all.

I am very new to FreeBSD - so apologies for being a newbie and all...

Here is my uname output:

FreeBSD freeBSD.comcast.com 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Jan 16 22:16:53 GMT 2003     root@hollin.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I have tons of questions, but I will start with 2:

1. the book I bought "FreeBSD unleashed" by Urban and Tiemann says that I
should be able to use the command "pkg_update" to install newer versions
of things that are already installed.  On my machine right now, it just
returns "command not found" when  try to run pkg_update.

pkg_add is working fine.

2. Is this the best place to ask questions like this?  If there is a good forum
or something else that I should go to - please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

-Jason Z.