Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:50:28 -0800
From:      Chris Maness <chris@chrismaness.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dump/Restore for system migration

I have used dump/restore for system migration a couple of time and noticed
it is pretty good, but every once in a while it will miss or corrupt a
file.  Is there a better way to do this?  I would imagine having a system
mounted r/o would help, but this is not always possible.  Is there a way to
check the deltas between systems manually after migration to see if any
files need to be merged or copied.  I would imagine the files that are in
jeopardy are ones that are being written to while the dump is taking
place.  I had a file the keeps track of rss feeds end up missing on the
target system.

Any advice here?

Thanks,
Chris