Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2020 05:47:31 -0700
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot boot isntaller

I tried booting the 12.1 amd64 installer on a HP Compaq 8300 SSF (small =
Form Factor) computer. I could get as far as the boot selector, but =
after booting it reboots before getting to the login prompt.

I can boot the i386 installer fine, but I want to go to 64-bit.

There is no UEFI setting I can find in the EFI settings.

Any chance anyone has experience with this model computer?

The CPU is a core i5-3470. Definitely 64-bit. In fact. sysinfo -a says:

WARNING: Your CPU supports amd64 architecture, however you are running =
i386.
WARNING: You may want to switch to amd64 to get a better performance.

--=20
The cat turned and tried to find a place of safety in the suit's
	breastplate. He was beginning to doubt he'd make it through the
	knight.