Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:36:05 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: incremental ports/INDEX builder

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> At least for my purposes, I need index builds to be 100% accurate 100%
> of the time..working in almost all cases isn't good enough.

Ah, the noble strive for perfect software. Good luck, then.

-Oliver

--

Btw, a simple example where the make(1) approach fails:

.if exsists (my.make.file)
.include "my.make.file"
.endif

... and my.make.file is added in an later commit. Of course
I can construct increasingly complex examples where patching
make(1) simply fails. So much for 100% accuracy.