Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:13:16 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Cliff Skolnick <cliff@steam.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Gustavo V G C Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, bos-owner-br@sekure.org
Subject:   Re: suid/guid

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9907091505140.2365-100000@lazlo.internal.steam.com> Cliff Skolnick writes:
: I have cron jobs that want this info, and I would rather not run my cron
: jobs as root.  IMHO a few setuid root, or setgid something executables are
: way better than setuid root cron scripts.

You have cron jobs that do a DF on unmounted file systems?  That's the
only thing that removing the setgid bit will impact.  Generally, only
root will want to do this.  df on other file systems is unaffected as
that information is available to non-priviledged users.

Warner