Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:37:50 -0500
From:      kevin09gol@hotmail.com
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   got a question for you

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C24ACB.CD604490

Hi,

I am not sure who is reading this but I saw some FreeBSD people on the =
screensavers a few weeks back and I must say you seem like some good =
guys. I tried to install FreeBSD because of that appearance but I was =
not sure about my Ethernet card config. and some other  stuff. I looked =
at the documentation you have which is very helpful but not enough for =
me I guess. When I tried to boot up in FreeBSD after a full install I =
get all the way to the thing that says some something something then, =
sleeping waiting for something. This is in the initial load screen, I =
would guess just before it boots up into the graphical user stuff. I can =
type things in on that black screen but it does nothing else. I am =
thinking the message means it is waiting for me to kick the computer, =
but that may come in due time. But for now, I am running an AMD 1.4 with =
256 MB of RAM dual booting (or attempting to) with Windows XP (or the =
devil as I like to call it) and FreeBSD. I used to run Red Hat but it =
has been giving me some trouble so I may upgrade to 7.3 if all else =
fails. My network card is a 3 COM something, I forget what, but it is =
the normal 3 COM card sold all over that is very simple with know extra =
crap, normally very simple to install and run with drivers and stuff. I =
am kind of confused at why FreeBSD is so strange to install as well with =
all the screens, please give me some help so I can go back and fix what =
I have broke. I will check the web site again to see if I can fix it =
(this has been the third day of searching for a solution), and you may =
even see another email from me depending. Thank you for your time and =
have a good day. Thanks again.

                                                                        =
Kevin

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C24ACB.CD604490

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am not sure who is reading this but I =
saw some=20
FreeBSD people on the screensavers a few weeks back and I must say you =
seem like=20
some good guys. I tried to install FreeBSD because of that appearance =
but I was=20
not sure about my Ethernet card config. and some other&nbsp; stuff. I =
looked at=20
the documentation you have which is very helpful but not enough for me I =
guess.=20
When I tried to boot up in FreeBSD after a full install&nbsp;I get all =
the way=20
to the thing that says some something something&nbsp;then, =
sleeping&nbsp;waiting=20
for&nbsp;something. This is in the initial load screen, I would guess =
just=20
before it boots up into the graphical user stuff. I can type things in =
on that=20
black screen but it does nothing else. I am thinking the message means =
it=20
is&nbsp;waiting for me to kick the computer, but that may come in due =
time. But=20
for now, I am running an AMD 1.4 with 256 MB of RAM dual booting (or =
attempting=20
to) with Windows XP (or the devil as I like to call it) and FreeBSD. I =
used to=20
run Red Hat but it has been giving me some trouble so I may upgrade to =
7.3 if=20
all else fails. My network card is a 3 COM something, I forget what, but =
it is=20
the normal&nbsp;3 COM card sold all over that is very simple with know =
extra=20
crap, normally very simple to install and run with drivers and stuff. I =
am kind=20
of confused at why FreeBSD is so strange to install as well with all the =

screens, please give me some help so I&nbsp;can go back and fix what I =
have=20
broke. I will check the web site again to see if I can fix it (this has =
been the=20
third day of searching for a solution), and you may even see another =
email from=20
me depending. Thank you for your time and have a good day. Thanks=20
again.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Kevin</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C24ACB.CD604490--