Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:01:31 -0400
From:      Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, Jean-Yves Moulin <jym@baaz.fr>
Cc:        Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>, freebsd-java <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenJDK 1.7 has issues versus linux-sun-jdk17

On 02/12/2015 03:21, Greg Lewis wrote:

>> Interesting, we are tracking exactly the same kind of issue (Segfault on SocketException.init) with our home made applications.
>>
>> The same java binary runs fine on Linux-openjdk7 (Linux OS or FreeBSD OS).
>>
>> Did you got a response from OpenJDK team ?
> Late reply on this.  Is it possible to narrow this down to a simpler test
> case than "set up OpenNMS and run it for ten minutes"?  I assume one has to
> actually do more than just run it, since the exception is likely a result
> of some kind of network traffic.
>
> If not that, a wiki or something on how to set up OpenNMS and provoke the
> problem would be a big help.

Hi All!

It looks like there are others trying to get this to work as well and a
couple of them are mailing me as to the status.  Anything? Look, if
necessary, someone can be provided an account on my server and run
everything from there if it's helpful.

P.

See below:

So much for that… now java core dumps as soon as JettyServer tries to start.

-KJ