Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 09:38:22 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dc NIC driver / Davicom card

Hi all.

I have been asked to install FreeBSD on a customer's machine, and have
run into a problem with the NIC.  Here are a few lines extracted from
dmesg:

---
dc0: <Davicom DM9102A 10/100 BaseTX> at device 15.0 on pci0
dc0: couldn't map port/memory
device_probe_and_attach: dc0 attach returned 6
---

I am installing 4.5 RELEASE from CD.  The first indication of a problem
was that sysinstall did not list the NIC along with other network
devices during the installation.  Then, once the OS was loaded, I
rebooted, and no NIC appears when using ifconfig -a .

Does anyone know if this can be fixed, or is it perhaps a dud card?

PS: LINT indicates that the dc driver supports Davicom DM9101 and
DM9102 cards.  I don't know if the DM9102A is different enough to
perhaps cause this error. ?!?

Thank you.

--
Regards,