Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:57:08 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multihead X (was: Making XFree86-4 the default)

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 09:47:32AM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
> Hmm.  This looks like my setup.  I'm also running an M400 and an MII
> on the same box, but I haven't bothered with the second head because
> I've been told it can only do 1280x1024.  Have you been able to get a
> higher resolution?

My second monitor can only do 1024x768, so I haven't tried higher on
that one.  But XFree shows:

(--) MGA(0): VideoRAM: 24576 kByte
(--) MGA(1): VideoRAM: 8192 kByte

... and indeed the user's manual has a table saying:

                                Main display    Secondary display
  Maximum display resolution    2048 x 1536     1280 x 1024

Also note that you cannot run a G400 + MII with Matrox's driver.  It
hangs.  This is too bad, because I had hoped to go up to three displays
with G400 + MII.
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org