Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:19:14 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   hostap with atheros unusable on releng_6?

Hi
configuring an atheros card for hostap in releng_6 seems to be unusable at =
all=20
at this time.

The card is running fine and can be configured as wished but after some tim=
e=20
it stops working

ifconfig ath0 list stat do not show the client anymore
sometimes I see ath0 device timeout in messages

using 11g this problem appears after some minutes or sometimes after bootin=
g=20
the machine it do not communicate, in 11b it stays mostly 20-40 minutes=20
working, due to this problems I still had no time to look at 11a

it does not matter what additional configs I set on the card the radio simp=
ly=20
disappears, of course I tried another card to check, no change, I used the=
=20
newest DLink AG650, AG520 and AG530=20

running the whole ifconfig command again after ifconfig ath0 down brings it=
=20
back up for another similar period

changing the ath for a wi prism card using the exactly same configuration=20
everything works fine and stable

Jo=E3o