Date:      Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:56:24 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        freebsd chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   email, email, email,  :-(

I am dissatisfied with the gui mail clients. Netscape6 mail does
everything I desire but is slower than a slug. I've tried at least 8 or
10, maybe more, other gui mail clients from the ports and none of them
contain all the features of netscape mail but they are all faster. Some
won't install at all, some won't connect to my isp's pop server (some
will), some are missing too many desired features auto-downloading
messages and filtering.
So, with that said, I installed Pine and Procmail. I've used Pine a bit
in the past at the University, so I am familiar with it. What do I need
a pretty gui for anyway, right? I thought procmail could download my
email from my isp's pop server, but don't see how. Maybe I need another
app yet?
What do some of you guys use, to download, filter, and read your mail
from so many mail lists?

--
Chip Wiegand
www.wiegand.org