Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2018 11:15:22 +0100
From:      Marko =?UTF-8?B?Q3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg search dependency tree

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:38:20 +0000
matthew@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> On 12/01/2018 11:09, Marko Cupa=C4=87 wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to get dependency tree from pkg search?
> >=20
> > Thank you in advance,
> >  =20
>=20
> This is usually done by:
>=20
>     pkg query -e '%a =3D=3D 0' %o
>=20
> which gives you the list of packages on your system, excluding those=20
> that were automatically installed to fulfil dependencies.  ie. it's=20
> basically the collection of packages where you said 'pkg install foo'
> at some point.

Hi,

I got off-list reply on how to achieve this with locally installed
packages, by using `pkg prime-origins', which is apparently an alias to
the command you suggested.

It will solve my problem, as I have no more than 20 servers using this
repo, I just need to run the command on all of them and uniq the output.

But it would be nice if I could do this for all the packages in repo,
and not just for packages installed locally on each server.

Best regards,
--=20
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupa=C4=87
https://www.mimar.rs/