Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:23:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        brad.knowles@skynet.be (Brad Knowles), keichii@peorth.iteration.net (Michael C . Wu), kris@FreeBSD.ORG (Kris Kennaway), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GSM vs. CDMA (was: VCD (was Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata atapi-cd.c))

> Are you sure that you can get combined GSM/CDMA phones?  They'd be
> particularly useful in Australia, where we have only partially
> overlapping GSM service (in populated areas) and CDMA (in the
> Outback).  There are no phones which will do both, and a salesdroid
> recently told me, full of conviction, that there would never be such a
> beast.

They won't work for your GSM, unless frequncies are shifted for
the GSM frequency differences, so it's probably not much use, but
here are the tri-mode phones I'm aware of:

Motorola StarTAC 7868 (*)
Audiovox CDM 9000 (*)
Kyocera QCP-2035a
Nokia 5185i
Motorola Timeport
(*)=Can be used as a data connection for a laptop, with a seperate
kit.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---