Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:04:56 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        David Banning <david@banning.com>, David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>, Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        David Banning <david@banning.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world error

On Friday 20 April 2001 13:25, David Banning wrote:
> > > *** Signal 11
> >
> > This isn't a problem with the cvsup'd code or your build tools.  This is
> > a problem with bad hardware - usually memory.
>
> What's a good way of going about finding out?

You just did. Make world is a great way to stress the system. I would suggest
taking your ram out and having it tested. Another way is to pull one strip
(or substitute one) and try another build.

Good luck,

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510