Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:35:47 +0000
From:      Rob Schofield <schofiel@xs4all.nl>
To:        Free BSD Hardware list <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Keyboard (PS/2?) problems (follow-up)

Jin Guojun (FTG staff) wrote:

> Constantly, I can lose the keyboard and/or have malfunctioned keyboard
> during switching a keyboard to different CPU by using a keyboard switching box
> in X window section. About less than 35% times, using alt-Fkey may recover the
> keyboard, but most time I have to quit the X window (if keyboard still alive)
> or even reboot machine (lost keyboard). I do not know if we trigged a same bug.

I have been seeing similar behaviour switching between one of 4 CPUs
using a Viper SmartView 4. The FBSD box is dual boot with NT; under NT I
can switch successfully 100% of the time. Under FBSD, it is 50-50.

Rob Schofield
--
The Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Scheduling:

The first ninety percent of the job takes ninety percent of the
allotted time, the last ten percent takes the other ninety percent.