Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:59:15 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Jacob" <jacob@essociate.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 2G RAM: how much swap space?

The rule of thumb is 2xRAM but as you had said that seems a little exessive
in your case. It really is up to the administrator; if you feel your server
will be under heavy load and that a good portion of your physical memory
will be eaten up then you may want to go with a large swap size maybe 1gig?
Each webserver under my supervision under medium load have no more then
256MB of swap space. Again its not even a must to have swap its up to you.

just my $.02,

Ryan