Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 1995 11:37:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        31butkiewicz@wmich.edu (-=WireHead=-)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Login message of the day (per say)

Hello.

Quoting from -=WireHead=- (Wed Oct 11 01:42:02 1995):
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a motd type message to the
> outside of the login prompt. By this I mean when someone firts encounters
> my machine i would like to display that

Edit /etc/gettytab:

# The default gettytab entry, used to set defaults for all other
# entries, and in cases where getty is called with no table name
default:\
	:cb:ce:ck:fd#1000:im=YOURTEXTHERE:sp#1200:

See man gettytab for escape sequences to insert in the "im" field.

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1