Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 06:40:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jonny@coppe.ufrj.br (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mixer(8) device selection

> Hi,
>
> The interesting thing on having multiple devices on your computer is
> that you find all programs that can't deal with multiple devices.

this is because you have updated to a driver that accepts multiple
devices of the same kind :)

> Now I found that mixer(8) cannot deal with multiple sound cards.

approx. in august i patched "mixer" to accept a -f argument to
select a specific soundcard, and added the "=rec" command to set
a specific source (the default behaviour is/was to add/remove a
source, but since some cards only accept exactly one source at a
time and in case of error the mixer defaulted to 'mic' the other
commands were useless..

> PS: Why do I needed to use mixer(8) and not xmmix or the like ?

so, we are at this point... people feel compelled to apologize for
using a command line interface instead of a GUI ...

	cheers
	luigi